GEORGE A. TORRICE, M.A., LMHC
COUNSELOR - PSYCHOTHERAPIST
Welcome to my website. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to introduce myself
and my practice. I am a Masters’ Degree level mental health counselor licensed by
the State of New Hampshire. I received my Masters of Art degree from Rivier College
in Nashua, NH. I have been treating clients since 1988.
I do therapy with children adolescents and adults. I work in the following areas:
- Depressive disorders
- Anxiety disorders
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Posttraumatic stress disorder
- Anger issues
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy - Insomnia
- Grief and loss
- Children’s issues
- Attention Deficit Disorder
- Alcohol and drug abuse
My primary therapeutic approach is cognitive behavioral therapy, which is a form
of psychothertherapy that emphasizes the important role of thinking in how we feel
and what we do. However, I am experienced in many orientations and I will use the
approach that makes you feel comfortable. I am active in your therapy – I am not
one to sit in silence. I respect you, knowing the courage it takes to come in and
share your conflicts.
I am affiliated following professional organizations:
- Academy of Domestic Violence Counselors
- American Counseling Association
- American Mental Health Counselors Association
- National Association of Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors
- New Hampshire Association of Alcohol and Drug Abuse Counselors
- New Hampshire Mental Health Counselors Association
- Obsessive-Compulsive Foundation
I am part of most insurance panels as well as many EAP companies. I am an approved
Medicaid provider. I will work with a “sliding scale” for those without insurance.
My office is located at 27 Lowell Street, Suite 307, Manchester, NH. You can make an appointment by dialing (603) 836-6225.
You can contact through my voicemail at (603) 860-3418 or online via
this form. I will return your call or message within the day.